I learned this trick from a Sprinkle of Glitter vlog in mid-2014, and just realised that I’ve hardly ever passed it on.
But it’s GENIUS.
You know when you’re coming to the end of a tube of moisturiser, or a tube of foundation, or a tube of body lotion?
And you know how you squeeze it and squeeze it for weeks on end, trying to make the most of your money?
And you know how you eventually throw the bottle out, with that niggling feeling that there’s still loads of product still in there?
Well here’s the bad news: there is loads of product still in there.
And here’s the good news: it’s really easy to get it out.
- Just grab some scissors – strong kitchen scissors are probably best – and cut straight across the middle of your bottle.
- Enjoy the glorious product you’ve just released.
- If there’s still loads left (which there will be) shove one half of your bottle inside the other half until it’s vaguely airtight again. If that made zero sense, just look at the lovely diagram I drew for you.
- The remaining product shouldn’t dry out, and you can keep using it for weeks on end until it’s actually all gone.
- Like actually, all of it. Make the most of that dolla chicas.
I have successfully used this trick on so many products it makes my brain hurt. Estée Lauder Double Wear Light, Vichy Dermablend, La Roche Posay Effaclar Mat, La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo, Factor 50 sun lotion (I was desperate on holiday), and about half a dozen different body moisturisers.
It works. And it saves you money. Do it.