Hi guys. It’s review time again.
As my family know me very well, I received a lot of beauty and pampering products for Christmas! Aside from being incredibly covet-worthy and absolutely gorgeous, these products will also make for brilliant blog fodder. Or, at least, that’s what I’m hoping.
So, today I’ll be reviewing Sanctuary Spa’s delicious Crème Soufflé. According to the tub, this magical mixture consists of “air-filled bubbles of deliciously whipped moisture, burst with mango, jojoba & red seaweed for perfectly silken skin.” Though this blurb doesn’t absolutely make sense, the product does indeed do what it says on the tin. Or, y’know, tub.
So, here comes the review!
- Soaks in wonderfully quickly. It’s very cold in my house, so I like to get dressed immediately after I moisturise. Usually this leaves me feeling a bit sticky under my clothes, but this product soaks in so quickly that the sticky sensation is not an issue. A rare find in that respect!
- Tested my skin yesterday evening, after a morning application, and it still felt beautifully moisturised. Lasts all day, even if you’ve been walking in the cold winter air.
- Bubbles make a satisfying sound when you scoop out the product from the jar.
- Comes in a massive tub. Which is never a bad thing. 475ml of soufflé? Yes please.
- Ingredients: this stuff is paraben free and against animal testing, which is always good news. But it also contains handy things like jojoba oil, red seaweed, vitamin E, and mango extract. Very nice.
- Doesn’t really smell of much. This isn’t exactly a criticism, as it still smells beautifully luxurious and fresh, and just as a body cream should. However, as a Lush devotee, I do like things to have a more distinctive scent, or perhaps just a less subtle scent at times. This one vaguely hints at orange peel, but it does smell incredibly classy all the same.
Verdict: I really, really like this. The smell is classy but very subtle, so it won’t interrupt any perfume I’m wearing, the formula is super moisturising, and, most importantly, it soaks into the skin incredibly well.
I think that last point is the clincher for me. It’s not every day that you find a moisturiser which really works all day long, and which doesn’t leave you feeling sticky after use. Big thumbs up from me. Thank you Mum and Dad!
In terms of purchasing this in the future, the price isn’t entirely unreasonable. It’s £10.50 for a big tub, which seems rather pricey, until you consider that 100ml only costs £2.21. That’s quite good, really. Will I repurchase? Quite possibly.
I hope you all had a lovely Christmas, and can’t wait to see you review and enjoy all of your presents!